After a week delay Fedora 13 has been released and it is time to upgrade of course. As always there are a decent number of features in this release but here are a few that stand out to me:
- boot.fedoraproject.org – A small bootable image to start the install from.
- IntelliJ IDEA – IntelliJ IDEA community edition. I'm glad to see my favorite IDE make it in along with Netbeans and Eclipse even if it is just the stripped down version.
- Python 3 – Running along side Python 2.
- Nouveau DisplayPort – Support for NVIDIA cards with a DisplayPort.
- Radeon DisplayPort – Support for Radeon cards with a DisplayPort.
- NetworkManager Command Line – A command line interface for NetworkManager. As much as I find myself hating NetworkManager maybe this will help.
- Gnome 2.30 – The latest stable version of Gnome.
- KDE 4.4 – The latest stable version of KDE.
Check out the Fedora 13 feature list for all the major features in this release.